November 23, 2007

What I'm working on right now for this blog

Though this is very clearly a blog (hello, Blogger :D), in some respects, you can view it as a traditional website, because I am planning to create numerous posts which will become like (website) pages in the sense that they will be displayed all the time on the side of the blog (much like the achieves, etc are).

Some of the ideas for such pages that I've begun work on already are:

-A directory of all the 144 countries which currently belong to WAGGGS (the World Association of Girl Guides [and] Girl Scouts), including their respective founding dates, websites, and WAGGGS pages

-An information page about my own personal Girl Guide patch (crest) trading and collecting (what I have so far, what I trade, what I'm looking for and so on)

-A directory of links to other sites about patch, badge, crest, pin, etc trading and collecting

-A directory of links to sites (including Yahoo groups) that focus on SWAPs (trading, creating, collecting, etc)


I have several other ideas for “static” pages (and oodles of things I want to write posts in general about!), which I jot down as soon as they come to me. One such idea is to create a post with links to all of the Canadian provinces who have online Girl Guide stores (and/or provincially specific items which can be ordered off of the web by sending an order form via fax, email or snail mail).

Most, if not all, of these sorts of pages will be updated and added to often. I will put a “created on” date on each post which is likely to be added to or edited often and a “last updated” date, too. That way you will always know how if there are any new changes to a page which may of particular interest to you.

What do you think? Are there any sorts of topics that you'd really like to see covered here? I'm always open to suggestions and would love to hear your thoughts, which you can share in either the comments section or by emailing me directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment